The volume button on my trusty old HTC One M8 got badly dented and was constantly pushing "volume up". Luckily they sell replacement buttons for about £3 on amazon, but they don't come with any instructions on how to fit them, nor is there any instructions for this on youtube or anywhere that google knows about.
It turns out that the volume button isn't actually attached to the phone, it's held in place by a metal lip at the top end of the button and a rubber strip that over-runs the bottom end of the button. How do I know this? One pair of pliers, a moment of "oh well, what's the worst that could happen" and ...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B016DX2YV0/ref=acr_dpx_see_all?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1
I bought this to replace the one someone bashed and dented on my HTC One M8. I would have given it 5 stars as it both fits and functions perfectly, but I've taken one star off as it comes with NO instructions on how to fit it. It doesn't help that there are no instructions I can find on google, youtube or the manufacturers website on how to fit it. Luckily, it turns out it is very easy and doesn't involve opening the case!
How I fitted it:- gripped the bottom end (the volume down end) of the old button with some needle-nose pliers (but I'm guessing strong tweezers would do it)- gently pulled the whole thing out of the phone - it's not actually attached to anything- note that the black plastic sticking-out bit of the button comes out of the bottom end (volume down end) of the hole- took the new button and pushed the black plastic tab sticking out of bottom end of the switch into the bottom end of the hole - most of the way- hooked the metal lip at the top end of the button under the top end of the hole- gently pushed the button into placeI did actually ring some repairers first, but they say they don't touch HTC phones because they don't come apart and go back together well.
He who dares Rodney, he who dares.
No comments:
Post a Comment